Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Last Games Night/Afternoon in Haifa!!!

It is sad but true, last Friday was our last large gathering for games in Haifa. The games are still in town but, alas, Minoo and I are too busy to continue hosting the games night. There are rumors, though, that Balbir and Melissa are going to take up the torch and continue the tradition.

Joey came at 2:00, so Minoo Joey and I played Take 6.



Rumi helped Mummy choose her cards.



After three rounds I won and Minoo came one point ahead of Joey.

Balbir, Joey and I then played a quick round of No Thanks! with Balbir being victorious.



Melissa and Minoo joined us with Joey winning this one, beating me by one point.



Siyamak, Selvi and Lillian came for a visit before going to Bahji.



Just as Siyamak, Selvi and Lillian were leaving Maarten, Menchie and Ena Marie arrived.

Menchie and Ena Marie visited while, Maarten joined Joey, Balbir, Howard and myself to play Balbir's game El Grande. Joey had to leave before it was done and had John sub in for him. John also had to leave and had Kurt sub in for him. Maarten left before it ended, so his player just stagnated. I had to explain the rules so many times.



It was an interesting game. Joey jumped into a huge lead in the first scoring round, and it was neck and neck between Joey's team and me until the end when I pulled away. Balbir and Howard were in a tough fight for third, with Howard taking third place in the end.

Meanwhile, Sara came over and helped Minoo with dinner. The dinner was delicious. Thanks Sara:)

Then Natascha and John came over to visit.



Rumi had lots of fun!



Nagmeh, Ladan, Amelia and her brother Brian came over and started playing Uno and Saboteur with Sara, Melissa and Minoo. Minoo won the Uno games, and for Saboteur, one time the miners won and the other time the Saboteurs won.



Howard and Balbir teamed up against Kurt and I in a game of Tichu that we actually finished (by midnight though)!



After a good start for Howard and Balbir and a poor start for Kurt and I. Kurt and I really took off and gradually caught up and pulled ahead with a one - two finish and successful Tichu call to get close to winning. Then they came back with a one - two finish and a successful Tichu call to put both teams with a score above 900. After two more rounds Kurt and I won.

4 comments:

sashwee said...

Lillian went to the Shrine today and passed your old home. How sad I was thinking that you were not in there any more. We miss you. Looking at the collages made me wish that Rumi and Lillian had more time to grow up more together. Looking at the pictures I think they would have had lots of fun. Of course I know that there are so many good things ahead for you and your family. And I'm so glad for the time we did have together.
Hope you had a good trip and will soon settle in to a happy new life.
WArmest love,
Selvi

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO MONTREAL NEIGHBORS!!!

SEE YOU SOON...

Elin said...

Minoo, Roger and Rumi!!! I have been thinking about you for weeks though I did not know Rumi was around. And I have been wanting to get in contact with you. Please send me your contact info even a phone number-we have an unlimited rate for USA and Canada on the phone. I have a blog too so you can see our little Jamila elinkambuga.blogspot.com and my email is elin_elise@yahoo.com
with love
elin

Anonymous said...

Dear Minji and Jijai, I cant believe that Rumi has grown up so much. He is adorable. I cant wait to see you all.