Saturday, October 31, 2009

Gordon's Visit

It has been quite a while since I have contributed to our blog. My friend Gordon has been visiting Victoria from Russia, so we got together with Peter to play some games.



We started with Leonardo Da Vinci that I hadn't played since the days in Haifa. In Leonardo Da Vinci one plays inventors vying for the acclaims of Leonardo Da Vinci. It was Peter's and Gordon's first game and since I hadn't played in a long time it was like a first time for me. I just read the rules to them to teach them and refresh my memory. They learned fast, because Peter won with 52 points, Gordon came second with 51 and I came last with 48. It was a very close game. I am happy that I achieved my goal of making an invention of each type, but I didn't have enough Florins at the end to win.



After Leonardo Da Vinci, we played three quick games of No Thanks!, which is a very fast, but very good number card game with chips. The idea is to get stuck with as few points as possible. Gordon won two of the three games with Peter winning the other. I came in dead last in all three games, but I redeemed myself by winning our final game of For Sale, a game where you bid on "houses" and the sell them later. It is also a very fast and fun game!

No comments: