Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 12 Games Night Report!!!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first "Games Night" report on our blog. I am learning how to post as I go. I can now add a title and I stopped it from transliterating into Hindi!

Once again last Thursday's games night went off wonderfully!

Rumi made an appearance:





We started with dinner and then a game of Hunters and Gatherers with six people: Quddus, Kurt, Dj, John, Lessan and myself. Neil substituted for John after he left.





The game went quite well with six people and I was the eventual winner, completing other peoples forests for the bonus tiles.





Meanwhile Sanjukta, Sudeshna, Natascha and Minoo played a game of Take 6!



With Rumi!



Natascha won this one.

Next was Dj, Kurt, Quddus, Neil, Balir and I playing Slapshot.



Dj and Neil didn't make the playoffs, so Balbir and I squared off in the first round. I thought I had the better team, but it was a tight series. Balbir won in 7 games as when I injuried his players he drafted better ones. Balbir went on to lose quite handily to Kurt who in turn was trounced by Quddus! Good job for Quddus in his first game.


Kurt and Bilbir Facing off!



Right at the end whistle Howard and Quddus got into a (mock) hockey fight. It's not hockey unless their is a fight. Right?

Farzana dropped by also and visited with Minoo rather than playing games.

Kurt, Howard, Balbir and I teamed up against Neil in Scotland Yard. It was tough for Neil because it was his first game. We cornered him fairly early and won the game.



Looking forward to this Thursday.

1 comment:

Shingo said...

Very wonderful first Report!! I'm happy that everyone is having fun there, and able to play many new games. No need to mention that I'm very jealous, and wish I could attend :) Well done on your Blog and I'll be looking forward to your future posts and more photos of Rumi as well. Wow I'm the first one to comment on your blog ;)